My main desktop computer at home has been running Debian bullseye for some time now. I installed
firefox from unstable, which caused the whole thing to drift a bit and eventually run into problems. In particular,
sudo apt build-dep emacs
failed because some libraries were wrong, so I couldn't build Emacs 28.
Debian bookworm got an updated
firefox-esr, which seems usable, so I decided to update everything to bookworm and resist grabbing anything from sid. I have
sudoedit aliased to E
❯ alias E alias E='EDITOR="emacsclient -c -a emacs" sudoedit'
so I just ran
and changed all the bullseyes to bookworm. Then
sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade sudo apt autoremove
upgraded most things to bookworm. After reboot, I still had some packages held back, so I ran
sudo apt full-upgrade
and that seems to have done the trick.
Since bookworm will become Debian 12 sometime next year, I figure I'm just jumping the gun a little.